How to Make Irish Soda Bread DemonstrationHow to Make Irish Soda Bread DemonstrationHow to Make Irish Soda Bread Demonstration
Saturday 7:15 PM
English / French
By Louise Chapdelaine
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1 cup raisins
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups buttermilk
¼ cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF (165ºC).
2. Grease a 9 x 5-inch pan.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking power, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
4. Add raisins and caraway seeds. Mix well.
5. Blend the egg and the buttermilk. Add all at once in the dry ingredients, mix until just moistened.
6. Stir in melted butter.
7. Pour into greased pan.
8. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
9. Wrap in foil or an airtight container.
10. Serve as is or with butter.